Christina Ricci granted domestic violence restraining order against husband – The Independent

According to TMZ, the actor filed for the restraining order on Wednesday 19 January, claiming multiple incidents had led to her fearing for her life and that of her son.  

Ricci alleges that she became “trapped” in her house with Heerdegen due to the Covid-19 pandemic after telling him she wanted a divorce.

She claims he attacked her twice in June last year and left her with physical injuries, and alleges that one of the attacks took place in front of their six-year-old son.

People reports that Ricci filed to the court several photos of injuries she claimed to have suffered from Heerdegen.

Christina Ricci in. The Addams Family (1991)

(Rex Features)

Ricci has now been granted a domestic violence restraining order. This requires Heerdegen to remain 100 yards away from her and their son, and to have no contact with them.

Heerdegen’s lawyer Larry Bakman told TMZ that he plans to file his own restraining order over allegations of “her abusive conduct fuelled by alcohol and substance abuse”.  

Bakman also said his client “unequivocally denies all allegations of abuse made by [Ricci] as having occurred in 2020”.

Ricci’s representative could not be reached for comment.

The actor rose to fame as a child star in films including Casper and The Addams Family. 

She received further critical acclaim for roles in films such as Sleepy Hollow and Monster, and recently starred opposite John Cusack in the 2018 psychological thriller Distorted.

If you or someone you know is suffering domestic abuse, you can seek free confidential support or advice from the 24-hour National Domestic Abuse helpline on 0808 2000 247 or visit the website here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *