Valve’s Gabe Newell really doesn’t need an introduction; the man Valve, Steam, Half-Life and more spoke about what happened with Cyberpunk 2077, the most anticipated game in recent years.
Newell mentions he believes that such harsh criticism is not fair as it is a very ambitious game. He also thinks that CD Projekt will win back the trust of the players. Of course, you needed to within into this story that that Cyberpunk 2077 is a title selling at steam for 60 EURO, and Valve grabs 30% of the take.
“All I know is that there are a lot of very happy gamers in the PC space, who are the most visible to us (Valve). There are aspects of the game that are simply brilliant and show a tremendous amount of work. It’s unfair to throw rocks at the developer because just getting something as complex and ambitious as that is pretty amazing, ”Newell mentioned of Cyberpunk 2077.
Newell added that “they have a long history of doing things right, of continuing to invest in their products for years and I suspect they will do very well to make their customers happy over time.”
Also, as promised, CD Projekt RED has released the first major update for Cyberpunk 2077. Patch 1.1 is 1.1GB in size (apparently the Steam patch is 5.4GB, much larger than the GOG patch), it solves some issues with stability, solves mission bugs, and is now available for download. Going into more detail, this update addresses the issue of cache-related startup crashes on NVIDIA graphics cards. It also improves memory usage on various systems within the game. CD Projekt RED will continue this work in patch 1.2 and other upcoming updates detailed in its roadmap. At the same time, we will continue to fix bugs and listen to the community on how to improve the overall game experience.
Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.1 Release Notes
Various stability improvements including:
- Memory usage improvements in various systems within the game: characters, interactions, navigation, game videos (news, television, etc.), foliage, laser effects, minimap, devices, artificial intelligence, street traffic, system of environmental damage, related to the GPU, and more.
- Various bug fixes (related, among others, to loading saved games, opening / closing the game, and Point of No Return).
Missions / Open world
- Fixed an issue where Delamain’s calls would immediately end and appear to be unattended in the Epistrophy mission.
- Fixed an issue where players were not receiving calls from Delamain when approaching relevant vehicles in Epistrophy mission.
- Fixed an issue where the target could get stuck on “Answering Mr. Hands’s Call” in M’ap Tann Pèlen.
- Fixed an issue where Judy could teleport underground in the Pyramid Song mission.
- Fixed an issue where it was impossible to speak to the Zen Master in the Poem of the Atoms quest.
- Fixed an issue where Takemura would not call in the Down on the Street mission.
- Fixed an issue where Jackie could disappear in The Pickup mission.
- Fixed an issue where it was impossible to get out of the car in The Beast in Me: The Big Race mission.
- Fixed an issue where players could stop receiving calls and messages after straying too far from the One Day in the Life quest area.
- Fixed an issue where opening the package would not update the Space Oddity mission.
- Saved games affected by a rare issue where talking to Judy in the Automatic Love mission would be impossible due to an invisible wall has been retro-fixed. The underlying problem is under investigation.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from collecting the reward on Gig:
- Freedom of the Press. The quest will be completed automatically for those who were unable to get the reward previously, and the reward will be provided automatically.
- Fixed an issue where Delamain would remain silent during the Epistrophy mission if the player initially refused to help him.
- Fixed an issue where the prompt to exit Braindance could be missing.
- Invalid item removed from loot.
- Fixed an issue where the trajectory of a grenade could be displayed in mode.
- Fixed the hue of the particles appearing pink when viewed up close
- Fixed cars appearing incorrectly in the Reported Crime: Welcome to Night City mission.
- Fixed an issue where completing one of the raids in progress in Santo Domingo would sometimes not contribute to the La Jungla mission achievement progression, preventing its completion.
- Fixed issue responsible for saves becoming oversized (related to modifier indicating if item is manufactured) and removing excess size of already existing saves (note: this will not fix previously corrupted PC save files update 1.06).
- Fixed an issue where controls could stop registering when opening the weapon wheel and taking an action.
- Fixed an issue where the “Continue” button in the main menu could load an ending save game.
- Crowd performance optimization on PlayStation 4 Pro and PlayStation 5.
- Various crash fixes on PlayStation 4.
- Improved memory usage for character creation, mirrors, scanning, camera remote, menus (inventory, map) on Xbox One, Xbox One X, and Xbox One S.
- It will now be possible to earn achievements in Steam’s offline mode. Note: Offline mode must be enabled before starting the game. This change does not work retroactively.
- Fixed game launch crashes related to cache loading on NVIDIA graphics cards.
Gabe Newell Says Xbox Series X is Better Than PS5 – 07/29/2020 07:42 AM
Co-founder of Valve Gabe Newell is stuck in New Zealand (not a bad place to be stuck tbh) due to a Corona quarantine. And that gave him some time for interviews. While doing so he gave made his opinio…
Gabe Newell worth $5.5 billion. – 10/23/2017 11:15 AM
Forbes released a list of the one hundred richest people in the country rounded to the nearest hundred million, which is a marginal round off that is more money than most people will ever get the chan…
Gabe Newell on current state of VR – 02/17/2017 08:21 AM
In an interview with Polygon Gabe Newell goes into detail about the shortcomings of VR and admits that his company is totally prepared for the possibility of virtual reality failing to take off. Int…
Gabe Newell From Valve Talks About Paid Mods Policy – 04/28/2015 07:23 AM
The Founder and CEO of Valve is sharing his ideas and thoughts on his company’s new modding policy. In a Reddit AMA, Gabe Newell answered a number of questions about paid mods. It really is about St…
Gabe Newell hints as to why Half-Life 3 isn’t a real priority – 01/08/2014 04:03 AM
During an interview with the Washington Post, Gabe Newell, co-founder of Valve Corporation, gives a hint as to why the highly demanded ‘Half-Life 3’ video game isn’t a real priority. Andrea Peterso…
Click here to post a comment for this news story on the message forum.