Prince William in dark over Oprah interview and hasnt spoken to Harry in some time – Mirror Online

Prince William and the Royal Family are said to be “in the dark” over Meghan and Harry’s bombshell Oprah interview as the brothers haven’t spoken in months.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have left royal life for good and surrendered their remaining titles and patronages.

Harry told James Corden last week that he had taken his family out of the UK as press coverage was affecting his mental health.

The couple now live in Los Angeles and are expecting a new baby later this year, a younger sibling for Archie.

The Royal Family is braced for Meghan and Harry making potentially candid relevations about their split from The Firm when the interview with US TV legend Oprah airs on March 7.

Meghan and Harry are expecting another child
(Image: SPOTIFY/YOUTUBE)

The couple are not thought to have informed the Royal Family of the interview’s contents, and it has been reported that “nothing was off limits” during the interview chat.

The Mirror has previously reported how the Queen, Prince Charles or Prince William were not informed of Harry and Meghan’s decision to go ahead with the 90-minute interview, with palace aides understood to have discovered the news on  Twitter  on Monday evening.

Now, the Mail on Sunday reports that Prince William is in the dark over the interview, as he and Harry have not spoken for “some time” now.

A Royal source said: “Harry and William have not spoken for some time, and Meghan speaking about their relationship or relationships with the Royal Family to Oprah will not help matters.

“Things are still bad between them, although both want to repair that brotherly bond.

Meghan and Harry stepped back from royal duties in January 2020 and later moved to the US
(Image: Getty Images)

The couple have been interviewed by US TV legend Oprah Winfrey
(Image: WireImage)

“William does not know what she has told Oprah, none of the Royal Family do. They will find out at the same time as everyone else, although I doubt they’ll watch it.”

During Harry’s appearance on The Late Late Show, Corden FaceTimes Meghan, 39, who calls her husband “Haz”, and tells him not to buy the house because she is “done moving”.

During the interview, Harry said media attention in the UK had created a “really difficult environment” that was “destroying my mental health”.

He said he did “what any husband or father would do” by moving away with Meghan and their son Archie, now 21 months old.

William is said to be “in the dark” about the interview
(Image: WireImage)

The interview was filmed on February 5, days after the Prince’s friends said Harry would “fight” to keep his ­military patronages.

On the show, Harry said his life would “always be about public service” adding that Meghan had “signed up for that” too.

He spoke as though he knew they would lose their patronages, which was confirmed last week.

As he and Corden enjoyed a traditional British cream tea on an open-top bus tour of LA, Harry spoke of Meghan, revealing he knew she was “the one” on their second date.

He admitted dating for any of the Royal Family was “flipped upside down”, and, unlike most couples, he and Meghan had spent their first dates in 2017 at home.

Video Loading

Video Unavailable

On Megxit, Royal sources have confirmed to the Mirror the Queen, 94, has told her family she wishes to draw a line under the Harry and Meghan saga, which has continued for more than a year.

Last week, the Mirror revealed the Queen wanted a “new beginning” and had implored her family to “put on a united front”.

Sources said she told senior royals, including Prince Charles and Prince William, she was content with her decision that there was “no way back” for Harry and Meghan after their move to the States and mega-money deals with Netflix and Spotify.

Harry and Meghan’s TV chat with Oprah is set to ­attract money-spinning Super Bowl-style adverts.

The duo’s March 7 interview will net huge sums for slots on US network CBS.

And experts believe coverage on ITV – the favourite channel to win the UK rights – could attract ads worth £100,000 per 30-second slot.

More than 50 million people are due to watch the interview in the US next month, making it as popular as the American Football final.

The Mirror has contacted Kensington Palace for comment.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *